Is It Safe To Eat Cinnamon If You Have Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) happens when the stomach content spills over to esophagus. Poor diet, lack of exercise, and stress can contribute to this disease. If left untreated, it can cause inflammation and scarring of the esophagus. One of the natural remedies to relieve the symptoms of acid reflux is cinnamon, one of the oldest spice in the world.
Cinnamon is safe to eat when you have acid reflux. It helps to get rid of heartburn by reducing the acidity in your stomach. This also prevents the risk of developing ulcers in the lower esophagus when the stomach acid flow back into the esophagus.
Cinnamon helps in digestion by stimulating the enzymes to break down the food faster. It also increases your metabolism. By taking it regularly, your digestive health improves. Ancient people often use it as a remedy for many kinds of stomach discomforts.
A study reveals that a teaspoon of cinnamon contains 28 milligrams of calcium. It also has one milligram each of iron, manganese, fiber, vitamins C, and K.
So, how do you take it internally? Here are five simple suggestions that you can prepare cinnamon for safe consumption.
- You can grind the cinnamon stick into powder. Sprinkle it over your buttered toasted bread. Chew the bread slowly and thoroughly to stimulate the production of the digestive juices in your mouth. Therefore, before swallowing, the process of digestion in the mouth already begins.
- Make your own honey and cinnamon beverage. Mix one teaspoon of honey with a pinch of cinnamon powder. Drink it regularly three or four minutes before meals. It helps your body to digest the food better.
- Add cinnamon bark oil into your cooking. It acts as a flavoring.
- You can use it to make tea. This is one of the popular herbal remedy for heartburn.
- Toast the cinnamon stick and nibble it.
Feel safe to eat cinnamon whenever you have acid reflux. Make it as a part of your daily diet. With the suggestions above, you can think of more ways to use cinnamon to prepare your meal. Imagine with just a half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day, you can be free from stomach problems, gas, and bloating. Not forgetting heartburn.