Some of the most popular and widely used social media networks are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram. The design of your profile images on these platforms is important because they serve as a representation for who you are. We will go over 10 tips that can help you create great social media designs! For help with any of this, reach out to a Rocklin graphic designer.
1.Color is important. Use colors that match your branding, and stick to one or two hues for simplicity.
- Always use high-resolution images of at least 1920 x 1080 pixels in size because they are more likely to be seen as professional-looking than low-quality graphics. Plus, you want them to look crisp on the screen!
- Create a consistent header and profile image that is consistently used throughout your social media profiles.
- Use the same font, weight (bold, light), color palette, the height of text lines for all graphics to make them appear more coherent as one design.
- Be sure not to use too many fonts in any graphic because it can be overwhelming.
- Use colors sparingly for emphasis and contrast to catch the eye, but don’t drown out your text with color or use too many different shades of one hue in a design.
- When designing graphics in Photoshop, use layer masks to create different textures and effects.
- Add a credit line for every graphic design you post that features your own work!
- Be sure not to steal designs from other artists without permission; be original! It’s more professional-looking.
- Try using symbols such as asterisks or arrows to point out important information in a design.
Design is an important part of social media. You should make sure that your design conveys the message you want to send and appeals to your audience.